Monday, August 18, 2008

Norm!!!!!!!!! Does anybody remember Norm from Cheers?




"what's shaking Norm?"
"all 4 cheeks and a couple of chins"
..........................................................................................................................
"what'd you like Normie?"
"a reason to live. give me another beer."
.......................................................................
"how's the world treating you Norm?"
"like a baby treats a diaper!" (my timely favorite)

"hey Norm. there's a cold one waiting on you."
"i know. if she calls, i'm not here!"

"whatcha up to Norm?"
"my ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall"

"women...can't live without 'em...pass the beer nuts!"

"pour you a beer normie?"
"alright, but stop me at one...make that 1:30!"

"how's a beer sound normie?"
"i dunno. i usually finish them before they get a word in"

who will assist me in voting to bring back Cheers after M*A*S*H and the ten o'clock news, with Gene Lively and Pam Huff,just like the good old days? not sure if we would have any luck but it would be fun to see what we could stir up, wouldn't it? while we are at it...can we bring back Johnny Carson...the aforementioned M*A*S*H (that one's for you Brenda Skinner, if you're looking)...the Cosby Show...the Michael Jackson from the Thriller days...ER with Goose and George Clooney...Barry Sanders...Prince before all of the symbol/name changes...Arnold from Diff'rent Strokes...the piano intro from Hill Street Blues...Tattoo from Fantasy Island...Brett Favre with the Packers...Mad About You...Moonlighting (that one's for you KimShea)...Ponch and John from CHiPS...the Jeffersons...and finally....the Waltons (Good Night John Boy!!!!)????

let me know of your votes yea or nay...we can do this!!!

one more from Norm...
"how's it going Norm?"
"it's a dog eat dog world Woody and I'm wearing milkbone underwear!!!"

until next time....

7 comments:

Big Dave said...

NOOOOORM!
How's it going Mr. Peterson?
It's Cold.
Jack Frost nipping at your nose?
Yea, let's get Jo Beer nipping at my liver.

Big Dave said...

Sam: What's new Normie?
Norm: Terrorist, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer.

Woody: What's going on, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: The question is what's going in Mr. Peterson. A beer please, Woody

Coach: How's life treating you Norm?
Norm: Like it caught me in bed with it's wife.

Woody: What's a Freudian Slip?
Cliff: That's when you say one thing when you're actually thinking about a mother.

Norm: You know what I love?
Sam: Beer Norm?
Norm: Sure, I'll have one

Anonymous said...

It's confirmed...your parents let you watch way too much t.v. when you were a a kid.

Amy said...

Remember Norm from Cheers? Um, hello, I consider him one of the finest orators of our day. And while you are taking us back down memory lane, let me offer these standards which deserve rememberance. I miss Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday mornings, Family Ties with Alex P. Keaton, the 2 Coreys when they weren't suffering from drug induced brain damage, Can't Buy Me Love - still today one of my favorite movies, Mork and Mindy "Mork calling Orson, come in, Orson," Chris Farley...God I miss Chris Farley. More to come...now I'm sad.
AGM:)

Big Dave said...

If everyone has not noticed this little game will never get old to me. So, if you want me to stop just say "stop." But, keep in mind this combines three things I love, 1. Cheers 2. Norm Peterson 3. Beer.

Sam: Beer Norm?
Norm: Have I gotten that predictable? Good.

Woody: What's going on Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A flashing sign in my gut that says, "Insert beer here."

Woody: How's it going Mr. Peterson?
Norm: Poor
Woody: I'm sorry to here that.
Norm: No, I mean pour.

Coach: What's going down Normie
Norm: My butt cheeks on that bar stool.

**This last one is the all-time best, in my opinion.

Woody: Can I pour you a beer Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early isn't it, Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.

Nadia said...

amy's description of norm as one of the "finest orators" of our time is hilarious! :) i started to hop on the bandwagon of lamenting over things i also miss from childhood (like Magnum PI and Love Boat)and countless hours spent jumping on my awesome rectangular trampoline (why are they all round now?) - but then i remembered, we didn't have the internet... or cell phones... or blogs. so it's a trade off, really... this whole adulthood thing.

Stephanie said...

My personal favorite:

Sam: What are you up to, Norm?
Norm: My goal weight if I was 7'5".

Or something like that, but you get the point, yes who didn't love Norm and Cheers?! I hardly watch TV anymore, sound like an old lady, but it's just not as good as it used to be in my humble opinion.